Jack Be Little Pumpkins
Serving size usually one pumpkin per person.
- Cut off top inch across pumpkins. Scoop out pulp and seeds. Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- To shorten baking time. Put water in bottom of glass baking dish. Place pumpkins standing up in dish. Microwave on medium for 10 minutes to soften the squash. Check squash. Times will vary depending on number of squash and sizes. It may take another 5 minutes on microwave to soften. If not using the microwave, the place in the oven with water in bottom of pan for 25 minutes.
- Add a pat of butter to the inside of each pumpkin. Add a tablespoon of brown sugar to each pumpkin. Bake in the oven for an additional 20 minutes or until the skin can be pierced with a knife.
Acorn Squash or Delicata Squash
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Split the squash in half through the stems. Scoop out pulp and seeds. Put the halves upright in a roasting pan. If you have difficulty keeping them upright, you can crumple up some small pieces of foil to help them stay upright.
- Sprinkle the cavity with salt and pepper. Add a pat of butter to each cavity. Add 1 tablespoon of brown sugar to the cavity of each squash. Smear the rim of the squash with cooking oil.
- Roast without turning for 20-30 minutes or until the squash is tender.