Farmers are working so hard this year to provide shoppers with amazing food and to keep everyone safe at their markets. Let’s show them our appreciation by sharing our best photos and stories about farmers’ markets.
Submit your entries by August 16th, 2020.
Photo and Story Contests!
Note: Safety First! Please do not interfere with customers waiting in line to shop. Please follow all market rules. Please wear a face-covering at the market and in your photo. We will not accept photos from shoppers without face coverings/shields/masks. Check out our covid-19 page for shoppers for more information on safety at the market.
A shopper may submit 2 entries, one photo entry, and one written entry. MFFM will select 4 winners from each category to highlight and award a gift certificate to a local farmers’ market of their choice.
Photo contest – Share a photo of you and/or your loved ones at the market. We’ll evaluate your photo based on the following criteria:
- Face mask/covering design
- Farmers’ market background imagery
- Uniqueness of photo (do something interesting/funny/silly)
- Overall quality of the photo
Story contest – Give us a 2 to 10 sentence poem/prose/narrative describing any of the following:
- Your favorite farmers’ market memory
- Why you love your farmers’ market
- How you first discovered your local farmers’ market
- A unique experience at the farmers’ market
- How farmers’ markets strengthen your community
Be creative! We’re looking for inspiring stories to share with the farmers’ market community.
To Enter – Submit your entries to email@example.com, or post on Facebook and tag us @mainefarmersmarkets.
In your email, please include the following information:
- Email and phone number
- Mailing address (in case you win!)
- What farmers’ markets do you shop at?
- How did you first learn about your farmers’ market?