Join us in strengthening the farmers’ market community in Maine at the 2020 Maine Farmers’ Market Convention.
Augusta Civic Center, 76 Community Drive
Thursday, January 16, 2020
The 2020 Maine Farmers’ Market Convention brings together market farmers, organizers, and community members across the state to gather for a day of education, resource-sharing, and networking. The convention offers resources and information from service providers, legal experts, and seasoned farmers focusing on the most important topics to our farmers’ market community.
Early bird tickets end on January 2, 2020!
Our agenda is still in development, but you can expect topics for beginning and well seasoned farmers, community organizers, public health professionals, and curious community members.
- Creative Marketing Strategies – Learn tips and strategies from experienced market vendors and organizers on how to raise the profile of your market and boost the sale of your products.
- After-market gleaning – Learn how markets are partnering with community groups to donate extra produce to people in need.
- Sustainability at the market – Learn from market organizers and service providers on the best ways to reduce your market’s impact on the environment.
- Food safety – Is your market following best practices for food safety? Sit in on a seminar with the experts, and bring your questions.
- Low-income food access models – There are a variety of ways to make your market more welcoming to people with limited financial resources. What’s the best fit for you and your market?
- Conflict resolution and communication skills for markets – There’s a lot at stake when market members are in conflict. Fortunately, there are resources that help farmers find meaningful resolutions. Learn from skilled mediators of the Maine Agricultural Mediation Program.
- Round-table discussions
More details to come!