(Curious about exhibiting at the convention? Becoming a convention sponsor is the most direct way to secure a space at the conference and on all conference materials. Check out the details online, or email email@example.com for more options.)
Welcome, exhibitors! Your displays add immeasurably to the value conference goers will find at the event. With concurrent sessions taking place all day, attendees have to choose between sessions, and may miss out on topics they’d hoped to explore. Being able to visit exhibitors on their own schedule helps fill in the gaps, and pack even more content into this day of learning and connecting.
The 10th annual Maine Farmers’ Market Convention will take place on Thursday, January 11th at the Augusta Civic Center (76 Community Drive) from 8am-4pm. There will be a light continental breakfast served in the morning, coffee all day, and a hot buffet lunch. Exhibitors are welcome to join in all breaks and meals, though you may find these are also good times to connect with attendees, so plan strategically.
The schedule is below. We recommend that exhibitors plan to arrive by 7:30 to set up. (It is not possible to set up the day or evening before.) You may want to consider staying through the final session (which will be informal and during which time there will be food available near the exhibit area, which tends to enhance traffic!).
This year, the exhibit area will be at the rear of the main event space, which will mean more circulation of attendees for exhibitors. However, it also means there is no sound barrier between the exhibit and meeting space, so we ask that you be mindful of volume when sessions are taking place at the front of the hall (indicated in grey below). There is an adjacent room available for extended conversations.
During the schedule outlined above, convention attendees will be moving in and out of the large meeting room (Augusta/Capital/Pinetree opened up into one large space). The exhibit space will be at the back, the food and coffee near that, and tables, stage, and podium at the front.
We expect 130-150 market farmers/vendors to attend. New this year, we’ve invited participants in the Beginning Farmer Resource Network program to attend the middle portion of the day (11-2:00), so you may expect an influx of people (up to 60) at that time. The best opportunities to meet with people will be during the times highlights in green above, but at other times interaction will still be possible, and there is a meeting room available.
Other things to keep in mind:
- WIFI is available on site. (Password ACCPUBLIC)
- If you wish to have materials included in the registration packets, please submit those materials to us no later than January 5th. (Consider checking with us for a final attendance count prior to preparing materials.)
- Unless otherwise arranged in advance, sponsorship checks are due by January 5th.
- Exhibitors will be provided with a 7 foot long table (with a tablecloth) and chairs. If you have special exhibit space needs, please let us know by December 15th.Please let us know if you need electricity for your display
- Let us know the name of the person/s who will be representing your organization at the convention so that we can register that person and reserve lunch for them. They will receive registration confirmation via email.
- If you have not done so already, be sure to send us a high-resolution image of your logo, and the URL of whatever page you wish to have linked to the logo.
- Contact us with questions: (207) 487-7114 (firstname.lastname@example.org)