Farmers’ markets: Feeding the hungry
- Farmers’ Markets and Food Cupboards. Several ways in which food from Maine farmers’ markets can make its way to the hungry. Detailed descriptions of methods already in place and working.
- Gleaning. Allowing people come in to “clean up” after your harvest is over.
- Set up a system for using EBT at your farmers’ market.
- Teach people how to garden. Connect with your community, promote your farm and your market by sharing your skills in talks to groups organized by other organizations.
- Offer bulk pricing on products when they are in abundance. [coming soon]
- Open a market, or a branch of your market, within walking distance of a low income community. [coming soon]