The Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets is a statewide nonprofit founded in 1991 to to cultivate a vibrant, sustainable farmers’ market community as a vital part of Maine’s local food network. We work with farmers, consumers, and communities to make wholesome, locally-grown foods available to all residents, to educate consumers about food resources, and to support farm viability. MFFM is currently seeking to fill the part-time position of Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant provides general office support such as filing, correspondence, and billing, as well as maintaining the farmers’ market database and the organization’s membership files. The position is based in MFFM’s Pittsfield, Maine office, typically two days per week, with more hours available seasonally.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Updating Maine farmers’ market database (both as a spreadsheet and on WordPress)
- Market membership support (mailings, record keeping).
- Conference support, particularly with sponsorship mailings and conference registration.
- Coordinating logistics for workshops/trainings.
- Assisting with newsletter.
- Collecting data from markets participating in special programs
- Collaborate with other MFFM staff on related work.
- Ability to provide friendly customer service
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Strong technology skills, including proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite and Gmail.
- Ability to work independently and juggle multiple projects concurrently
- Interest in local food and farming
- Current drivers’ license and regular access to own reliable vehicle
- Position is part-time (8-12 hrs/week) with some seasonal variation
- Work is based in MFFM’s Pittsfield office (first floor, climate controlled)
- Starting wage is $13/hour.
Please submit a resume and 2 professional references via email to MFFM Executive Director Leigh Hallett (email@example.com). The position will remain open until filled.
This project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. MFFM is an equal opportunity employer.