It’s easy to hold meetings even when it isn’t in person!
Conference calls are a great free tool for market managers to use in connecting with market membership. Below are easy steps for figuring out how to host a conference call, along with additional resources to be a skilled facilitator on the call.
Freeconferencecall.com has been having difficulties with audio lately. Do your research and see what platforms have best quality.
- Sign up via a free service, like FreeConferenceCall.com (sign up takes less than a minute!)
- Share your conference line information (Phone Number and Meeting ID) with market membership.
- First, dial the phone number, to access the server.
- When prompted, enter your meeting ID (usually 9 digits), then press # to continue.
- If you’re not the host, you should be on the call after entering the meeting ID.
- If you’re the host, then you’ll press * to enter your host PIN. This is not required.
Hold a smaller conference first call so officers can walk through the process.
Is the audio a bit weird? Ask people on the call to mute their phones, and un-mute when they wish to talk.
Designate a facilitator for the call, and have them freshen up on their roles.