Local Food: Perspectives from farmers, chefs, locavores and others
- The Turkey Farm has a good article in their Summer 2002 edition of The Turkey Times newsletter on An easier way to food security. It’s about half way down the page, and talks about how small local farms make for better food security than large distant farms.
- Local Food is fully discussed pro and con at the U.K.-based Reference.com article on local food, and they also have a great page on Farmers’ Markets . It is intriguing to see how many of their concerns are the same as those on this side of the pond.
- Seasonal Chef interview with Alice Waters.
- In Search of Food Security from the SeasonalChef.com
- Six principles of food security
- Cultivating Community (pdf) by Jo Barrett of King Hill Farm in Penobscot. Witeen as a presentation to a civic group, it described the many civic values that small farms generate.
- Food Routes is “a national non-profit dedicated to reintroducing Americans to their food, the seeds it grows from, the farmers who produce it, and the routes that carry it from the fields to our tables.” Includes a vast list of links relating to local food.