Join us at the Augusta Civic Center! Thursday, January 17, 2019
11th Annual Convention
Maine Farmers’ Markets: The art of economic and community cultivation
Take a day off from the barn, hoop house, field or kitchen to get inspired!
Network with friends and neighbors, learn about business-strengthening innovations and connect with industry leaders at this dynamic, full-day event. Features include a workshops and break-out sessions tailored to the needs of market farmers; tracks for beginners and experienced farmers’ market participants alike; DACF scale testing; a help desk for those interested in accepting SNAP; and an exhibit hall packed with resources. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to gather with over 130 farmers’ market participants from all over the state, all in one place.
- Workshops, roundtables, and panel discussions: As usual, we’ll be offering a packed schedule, with at least topics to choose from during each session.
- Networking with market managers and farmers!
- Exhibits with industry experts!
Other features of the convention:
- USDA Food & Nutrition Service Drop-In – Interested in signing up to accept SNAP? There will be a help desk available all day, and Debbie Crosby from the USDA will be able to sign up new vendors on site.
- DACF Scales Testing & Certification – Drop your scales off in the morning, pick them up in the afternoon, and check off one chore for the year!
- WIC Farmer Authorization Training
- This year’s schedule means attendees can plan to attend the Maine Agricultural Trades Show on Wednesday, then stay overnight in Augusta, and attend the Maine Farmers’ Market Convention!
- Pick up free “Farmers’ Market Today!”, “EBT Accepted” and “WIC Accepted Here” signs.
- Find out about new tools, apps, groups, and resources in the farmers’ market exhibit area.
Become a convention sponsor! Email email@example.com to learn more.