Maine Harvest Bucks promotional material tools & templates
We encourage you to work with a local print shop to get these materials customized and printed for your market. If you are without a local option, we will connect you with our print shop to get your materials prepped. They are located in Newport and cannot ship your materials to you so pick-up will be necessary. In either case, your market will pay the shop directly and submit the receipt to us for grant reimbursement (or if you have enough FINI funds on hand from a previous installment you will pay out of those funds and submit the receipt simply for record of expense). Any charge for the customization can also be charged to FINI.
PDF files are linked here to give you a preview of what templates are available. Adobe InDesign files are available by email: SNAP@MFFM.org
- HarvestBucks-Postcard (5″x7″)
- HarvestBucks-Poster-Letter (8.5″x11″)
- HarvestBucks-Poster-Tabloid (11″x17″)
- HarvestBucks-RackCard (3.75″x8.75″)
- Template Flyer with Certificate (8.5”x5.5”)
Check back here throughout the season for easy-to-use social media graphics, press release templates and other tools to help spread the word about your MHB program! See the Outreach & Promo Tips & Resources section linked under MHB Handbook Contents below for ideas and inspiration.
Planning a SNAP outreach campaign?
Maine’s Department of Health and Humans Services releases monthly reports of SNAP distribution on the county and town/city-level. This information can help inform your strategy.
Record-keeping Tools & Templates
To use any of these templates simply click on the link below to view the template in Google Drive; go to “File –> Make a copy…” and change the title to reflect your market. Keep the file in Google Drive and give MFFM staff “view only” access for easy communication about reporting. If you choose to download any of these files to Excel, you may find that the formulas change so please double check that everything is still formulated properly. Excel does not allow for easy sharing but is still an excellent record-keeping tool and sheets can be emailed to MFFM staff as needed.
Need help getting set up with one of these templates? Contact our office: SNAP@MFFM.org.
- Shopping sheet (link to spreadsheet to make copy)
- Shopping sheet sign-out form (a simple form used by some markets to keep track of shopping sheets and make sure all are returned to info booth)
- MHB redemption & daily market info sheet (another simple sheet to track MHB vouchers turned in by vendors and other required daily reporting info)
- Vendor reimbursement spreadsheet (set up for straightforward input of sales information from shopping sheets with formulas to auto-calculate totals owed to each vendor minus transaction fee; can be customized to include other market programs such as youth passports, gift certificates, etc.; simply duplicate the “Copy” tab for each market date)
- Grant match tracking spreadsheet (a formulated spreadsheet where you can keep track of contributions to your MHB program)
MHB Handbook Contents
- 2018 Contract- Basic Overview (a simplified version of the full FINI grant contract detailing expectations for markets)
- 2018 Reporting Requirements (1) (detailed instructions about how and when to report on grant activities)
- FM Tracks (a visual guide to the FM Tracks online reporting portal)
- MHB promotional guidelines (rules to follow when crafting materials for MHB program)
- Outreach & Promo Tips & Resources (ideas to spread the word and reach more SNAP customers)
- Info Booth Checklist and Basic Instructions (A great reference for anyone operating the info booth)
- Maine Harvest Bucks Style Guide (standard colors and fonts to use if designing your own MHB outreach materials)
- Vendor Basics (a basic rundown of how SNAP & MHB work at markets that use shopping sheets & vouchers)
- SNAP talking points (key facts and figures about the positive impact of SNAP)
- Glossary of terms (lots of acronyms and jargon defined for you here)
- Marketing Materials for MHB Markets (memes to share on social media)
- Social Media Promotion 101 (a 1-pager full of tips to have the greatest impact with social media promotion)
Maine Harvest Bucks logos:
SNAP/EBT logos / images:
- SNAP logo (not required and not commonly recognized in Maine)
- EBT / Maine Pine Tree card (also not required but well recognized by recipients)
- Combined EBT card & MHB logo