MFFM is pleased to be partnering with Healthy Acadia to launch a new part-time position that will assist farmers’ markets in Washington County with SNAP and Maine Harvest Bucks outreach and promotion. This person will primarily focus on the Eastport, Calais, and Princeton Farmers’ Markets and will collaborate with Healthy Acadia, MFFM, market members and volunteers to increase community awareness of the SNAP and Maine Harvest Bucks program. Read more below or download this PDF.
To learn more about the Maine Harvest Bucks program visit maineharvestbucks.org.
Interested? Please email a cover letter and resume to Healthy Acadia at email@example.com by Friday, June 17th, or until position is filled.
Job Title: Washington County Farmers’ Market Outreach Liaison
Overview: This contract position will play an important role in supporting SNAP access programs at Washington County farmers’ markets. In collaboration with the Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets (MFFM) and Healthy Acadia (HA), the Washington County Farmers’ Market Outreach Liaison will work with those farmers’ markets actively participating in the Maine Harvest Bucks SNAP incentive program: Eastport, Calais, and Princeton. The Outreach Liaison will collaborate with MFFM, HA, and market members to plan and implement outreach efforts. Work will include distribution of Maine Harvest Bucks promotional materials to targeted sites, occasional social media and website updates, coordination of market events that support the Maine Harvest Bucks program, networking to strengthen community relations and awareness of this program, and targeted fundraising to assure sustainability of Washington County farmers’ market SNAP programs.
Start date: June
- Attend training/orientation coordinated by MFFM and HA
- Collaborate with MFFM, HA, and market members to plan, implement, and analyze a promotion and outreach campaign, including community outreach as well as on-site market signage and promotion plans
- Assist markets in coordination and implementation of fundraising activities to support the SNAP and Maine Harvest Bucks program such as sponsorship solicitation and special market events
- Coordinate with HA to implement and promote educational activities at markets (i.e. local USDA SNAP Educators from Healthy Acadia)
- Communicate with MFFM and/or HA by email at least weekly with regular phone check-ins throughout the market season
- Help MFFM and HA assess additional markets’ capacity for SNAP program implementation
- Enthusiasm for local food and local food access in Washington County
- Experience with marketing, promotion, and community outreach
- Skills in basic graphic design programs, social media, and webpage platforms (some training available)
- Access to reliable transportation
- Access to personal workspace, including phone, computer and internet access
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone, email and in-person
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Friendly and communicative
This is a part time, year-round position, with significantly more hours during the growing season (approximately 10 hrs/wk), and significantly less during the winter months. The total compensation (excluding mileage reimbursement) shall not exceed $4,000 during the 12 month period.
Approved mileage expenses will also be reimbursed at a rate of $.485 per mile, and do not count toward the total available for hourly compensation.
Please email a cover letter and resume to Healthy Acadia at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, June 17th, or until position is filled.
This project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.