Job Opening: Info Booth Manager
Presque Isle FM at Riverside
- 5.5 hours / week
- Saturdays, June through October
- 8:00am – 1:30 pm every Saturday while market is open, June to October
The Maine Harvest Bucks incentive program helps shoppers using SNAP food supplement benefits at farmers’ markets and other local food markets to stretch their dollars and access more fresh local food. (Learn more about the program at maineharvestbucks.org.) The SNAP Clerk will play a key role in making this program a success this season, operating SNAP and Maine Harvest Bucks at the Saturday Presque Isle Farmers’ Market at Riverside.
The Info Booth Manager will be responsible for the successful operation of the Info Booth every Saturday at the market. The Info Booth Manager will process credit, debit and SNAP/EBT transactions at the info booth and ensure the proper operations of the SNAP and Maine Harvest Bucks program at the market.
This position is managed by the Presque Isle Farmers’ Market at Riverside Market Manager and the Maine Federation of Farmers’ Markets. Specific responsibilities and skills needed are detailed below.
Training: Presque Isle FM staff will provide pre-season training, training at the market, and support as needed throughout the season.
- Operate market info booth every Saturday during the season
- Share resources to train market volunteers as needed.
- Vendor education/review, with regular check-ins
- Oversee volunteer(s) to support info booth and fill in on occasion
Weekly tasks: Operate market information booth at (Market name) on Saturday from 8:00 am – 1:30 pm (mid-May – late October)
- Arrive by 8:00 am to prepare for market start time (8:30 am)
- Set up market info booth and create an attractive display with signage provided;
- Act as friendly and informative market point person to all customers (Stay informed of market updates and in tune with market happenings by checking in with all vendors at the start of each market date to see what is available and learn of any updates.);
- Manage and record transactions (EBT, debit/credit, Maine Harvest Bucks) on spreadsheets provided;
- Keep inventory of info booth materials and communicate with MFFM if materials are running low (receipt paper, sheets, flyers, etc).
- Consolidate daily records and give them to program treasurer at the end of each market day;
- Pack up market info booth and ensure that all materials/equipment is with designated person to store and transport for following week; and
- Communicate regularly (weekly as needed) with MFFM’s SNAP Program Coordinator via phone and email to keep SPC updated with all relevant market successes, challenges, and news..
- Access to reliable transportation
- Ability to communicate effectively via phone and email on a regular basis
- Proficient in basic math
- Friendly and communicative
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Knowledge of/interest in local foods a plus!
Compensation: $12.50/ hr (approximately 6 hours per week)
Timeline to hire:
As of 5/25/2018, we are accepting applications. There is no deadline to apply. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To Apply: Email cover letter, resume, and 3 work references to SNAP@mffm.org
This project has been funded at least in part with Federal funds from the U.S. Department of Agriculture. The contents of this publication do not necessarily reflect the view or policies of the U.S. Department of Agriculture, nor does mention of trade names, commercial products, or organizations imply endorsement by the U.S. Government.
In accordance with Federal law and U.S. Department of Agriculture policy, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, or disability.