Partner & Promote: Connect with community partners to spread the word and strengthen your SNAP program. Potential partners include:
- Maine SNAP-Ed – A great resource for nutrition and cooking education as well as general promotional support
- UMaine Cooperative Extension – Consider hosting Master Food Preserver volunteers at your market once a month. These volunteers are trained to offer the latest food preservation recommendations from the USDA. UMaine Extension also offers free fact sheets on how to preserve and use local produce: Let’s Preserve and Fruits & Vegetables for Health. Contact Kate McCarty, UMaine Extension food preservation program aide, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 781-6099 to discuss scheduling Master Food Preserver volunteers at your farmers’ market.
- Healthcare facilities
- Libraries and community centers
- Schools and daycare facilities
- Food pantries, soup kitchens, and shelters
- Any organization with food access, food insecurity/poverty relief, nutrition, etc. as an aspect of their mission