Maine Farmers’ Market Snapshot Week is our annual celebration of farmers’ markets in Maine. This event coincides with National Farmers’ Market Week, falling on August 4-10, 2019.
This year’s Snapshot Week features a photo competition for shoppers and farmers. The competition will run for 2 weeks August 4 – 17 to give you ample time to send in your photos!
- Gift certificates to your favorite farmers’ markets
- Garden tools from Johnny’s Selected Seeds
- Farmers’ market t-shirts
- Fresh-roasted coffee from Storibord Coffee
- Gift basket of artisan canned food from Turtle Rock Farm
- Common Ground Country Fair Tickets from MOFGA
- More to be announced!
How to participate:
- Take a photo that meets one of the categories (see below).
- Post your photo on Facebook, tag @mainefarmersmarkets in your post, and enter one of the category hashtags depending on what category your photo is competing for. Alternatively, you can email the photo to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate what category you’re entering .
- During the week of August 19, MFFM will choose 2 winners from each category and contact you if you won.
- Reference the example post below to get inspiration for your own photo entry.
Categories and hashtags to use:
#markethaul – A photo of all the products you bought from the market (put it on the table and snap a pic!)
#friendsatmarket – Never go alone! Bring a friend (or family member) and capture yourselves at market. Bonus points for tagging the market, too!
#tattooME – Capture a photo of your I <3 farmers markets tattoos while at the market! Bonus points for creativity!
#nourishME – Share a photo of your meal before you eat it at home!
#lovemainemarkets – Use this hashtag for as a general submission. We love to see what you’re up to at the farmers’ market and why you love to shop there.
Here’s an example post for your reference:
The instructions below correspond with the numbers in red on the image.
- Tag us. Type “@mainefarmersmarkets” and click our name as it pops up.
- Use the hashtag- #friendsatmarket
- Tag the market you’re shopping at, too, for extra points! (optional)
You get bonus points for tagging whatever market you’re shopping at. For instance, if you purchased your items at Houlton Community Market, their tag is @houltonmarket
Get out there and start capturing photos of your market!