About Snapshot Week
- Help us tell the story of your favorite Maine farmers’ market!
- If you haven’t experienced Maine’s farmers’ markets, now is the time!
Suggested hashtags: #MEsnapshotweek, #lovemainemarkets
Let’s celebrate the fact that Maine’s farmers’ markets….
- Just like Maine farms, market products are diverse and reflect Maine’s varied landscapes and farming traditions.
- Each market offers a distinct experience for locals and tourists alike.
- It’s easy to find nourishing and one-of-a-kind gifts for any occasion at market!
- Thanks to the changing seasons and diverse farms of Maine, you’ll always find a surprise at your farmers’ market.
Suggested hashtags: #uniquemainefarms #whoknewitgrewinMaine
- Farmers’ markets offer a social space to connect with friends, socialize and mingle while you shop.
- Markets have rich histories as local gathering places and are part of the story of their towns. Many markets have been operating continuously for decades!
- Markets are stimulating environments for kids – they can learn who and where their food comes from and what fresh, healthy food looks and tastes like.
- Know the story of your food! At Maine farmers’ markets, you are buying your food directly from the person who produced it.
Suggested hashtags: #marketkids #MEmarketstories
- Farmers’ markets are vital markets for Maine’s farmers.
- Market farms provide jobs and livelihoods for Maine people.
- Farms put the dollars you spend at market back into the local economy.
- Want to support your local farmers? Introduce a friend to the food and fun at farmers’ markets.
Suggested hashtags: #bringafriend #localfoodlocaldollars
- Market farmers choose plant varieties and animal breeds for flavor and nutrition (not just shipping endurance and uniformity) and love to suggest recipes and tips!
- Markets help you have a healthy, diverse diet – choose from a wider variety of fresh foods that will last much longer in your fridge.
- Get the right food for the job! Farmers know which varieties and cuts will work best in your favorite dish.
- Farmers’ markets are friendly spaces working to improve food access for all
- Make healthy eating fun – feed your friends and family from the market!
Suggested hashtags: #farmersmarketsfeedME #freshisbest
- Does your food travel more than you? It doesn’t have to! Feel good about the local and global impact of your shopping.
- Eating with the seasons means eating green, since more of your food comes from closer to home.
- Buying fresh food at a farmers’ market minimizes packaging waste.
Suggested hashtags: #mainefoodmiles #fourseasonfood